H-GAC's second annual Rural and Small Town Downtown Revitalization Summit focused on Doing Business During COVID-19.
Downtowns thrive on engaged visitors, resilient businesses, and strategic planning for growth. This remains true during COVID-19, but how we get there may look a little different. There are many solutions to every challenge, but no magic formula, especially during a pandemic. However, experts and our neighbors have some ideas.
Participants looked at ways to reinvigorate downtowns during COVID-19 by attracting visitors, maintaining local businesses, and planning for new growth.
Attracting Visitors Through Special Events and Tourism
A presentation by
- Mike Baxter, Director of Marketing and Tourism, City of Tomball
- Joe Vera, Assistant City Manager, City of McAllen and Texas Festivals and Events Association Board Chairman
- Carina Jimenez, Administrator for Marketing & Special Events, City of McAllen Parks & Recreation Department
- Yajaira Flores Delgado, Director, McAllen Convention Center and Performing Arts Center
- Kay Wolf, Executive Director, Texas Festivals and Events Association
Look for the Helpers
A presentation by Martha Eighme, Director of Communications and Marketing, City of Angleton