Every two years the Texas Legislature meets and sets the budget for the upcoming biennium. The budget includes money collected as a tipping fee at landfills throughout the state and designated to fund solid waste management programs in Texas. H-GAC receives a portion of this money, as pass-through funding from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), to fund Solid Waste Implementation grant projects throughout the 13-county region on an annual basis.
Grants have already been selected for FY22 and FY23. The next call for grant applications is currently expected to occur in the summer or fall of 2023, although it is subject to change.
Who is Eligible?
- Public School Districts
- General and special law districts with the authority and responsibility for water quality protection or MSW management
Eligible Project Categories
- Local Enforcement
- Litter and Illegal Dumping Cleanup and Community Collection Events
- Source Reduction and Recycling
- Local Solid Waste Management Plans
- Citizens’ Collection Stations and “Small” Registered Transfer Stations
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Technical Studies
- Education and Training
Grant Notification List
Please contact Erin Livingston at [email protected] if you would like to be added to the grant notification list.