Every two years the Texas Legislature meets and sets the budget for the upcoming biennium. The budget includes money collected as a tipping fee at landfills throughout the state and designated to fund solid waste management programs in Texas. H-GAC receives a portion of this money, as pass-through funding from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), to fund Solid Waste Implementation grant projects throughout the 13-county region on an annual basis.
Mandatory FY24 Solid Waste Grantee Training
Register for the online mandatory FY24 Solid Waste grantee training on Tuesday, February 20, 2024 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
H-GAC Solid Waste Management Grant Applications
The application period for FY24/25 grants is closed. There was $1 million available for grants. This will be the only call for applications for the FY24/25 biennium.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Solid Waste Management Grants?
- Public School Districts
- General and special law districts with the authority and responsibility for water quality protection or MSW management
Project Categories Eligible for the Solid Waste Management Grants
- Local Enforcement
- Litter and Illegal Dumping Cleanup and Community Collection Events
- Source Reduction and Recycling
- Local Solid Waste Management Plans
- Citizens’ Collection Stations and “Small” Registered Transfer Stations
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Technical Studies
- Education and Training
Grant Notification List
Please contact Erin Livingston at [email protected] if you would like to be added to the grant notification list.