The 2018 Call for Projects application submittal period concluded on October 31, 2018. A total of 193 proposed project applications for a total of $2.9 billion (2018 Dollars) in federal funding requests were submitted in various investment categories.
View Submitted Applications
Applications submitted for the 2018 Call for Projects are available for public review. Use our search tool to find a submitted application and review it's application summary. An interactive map showing the location of submitted application projects is also available.
2045 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)
The 2045 RTP for the Houston-Galveston area will set investment priorities for the multimodal transportation system that connects people to places where they live, work, play, and efficiently moves goods from, to and through the region.
- Eligible applicants include State and Local Governments, Public Transit Providers, and Public Ports. Other project sponsors must have a letter of support from the owner of the asset or general purpose local government.
- The proposed projects must be located within the H-GAC eight county non-attainment area.
- The funding requested must be at least $500,000 for roadway projects and $150,000 for active transportation and transit projects to be considered for the 2018 Call for Projects.
Project applicants may begin the online application process after the release of the application on September 4, 2018. Online applications must be submitted by October 31, 2018, at 5 p.m.
In addition to an electronic submittal, all applicants must send two paper copies of a completed and signed application with all required attachments to the H-GAC offices by 5 p.m. on November 07, 2018. The mailing address is:
Attn: Vishu Lingala
2018 Call for Projects Application
3555 Timmons Ln, Suite 120
Houston, TX 77027
Hard copies must include a copy of the confirmation page from the online application submittal.
Post marked applications not received by the deadline are considered late. Incomplete applications or those not received by the deadline will not be accepted. Supplemental information will not be accepted after the deadline.
- Approximately $920 million of flexible funding including the local match is available for programming in the next ten years (FY 2019 – FY 2028).
- Only eligible costs identified in the project application will be considered. Costs for planning, design, environmental determination and mitigation, right of way acquisition, and construction must be identified in the application if federal participation is desired.
Projects with a proposed capital investment of more than or equal to $100 million must support all Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Goals. Please refer to Major Investments for application requirements. Staff will schedule Major Investments project application review meetings with project sponsors after application submittal.
Projects with a proposed capital investment of less than $100 million, will compete within one of the Investment Categories of the 2018 Call for Projects. Please refer to Other Investments for application requirements by investment category for more details.
Information & Instructions
Call For Projects Workshop Presentation
Call for Projects Scoring Criteria
Sample Project Development Timeline (Best Case Scenario)
TDC Policy and Procedures
Benefits Cost Analysis Templates
Delay Benefits Template - Active Transportation, Roadways, Transit
Emissions Benefits Template - Active Transportation
Emissions Benefits Template - Intersection Improvements (Updated 10/8/18)
Emissions Benefits Template - New Transit Vehicle Purchase
Emissions Benefits Template - Roadways
Safety Benefits Template - Active Transportation, Transit (Updated 9/5/18)
Safety Benefits Template - Roadways (Updated 9/5/18)