The RAQPAC is authorized to study, evaluate and recommend plans and programs for improving the region's air quality and for assistance with issues related to the federal Clean Air Act Admendments of 1990 and subsequent air quality laws, regulations, and rules. Its primary focus is issues related to Title I of the CAAAs. Specifically, the Committee may:
- Review and make recommendations to H-GAC's Board of Directors on air quality policies and plans for the region.
- Review and make recommendations to H-GAC's Board of Directors on proposed air quality rules, regulations and guidance.
- Review and make recommendations to H-GAC's Board of Directors on transportation control measures and recommend those most suitable to Clean Air Act goals for the region.
- Where appropriate, review and make recommendations to H-GAC's Transportation Policy Council on other mobile source emission control measures. Review potential Transportation Control Measures (as needed) and make recommendations to H-GAC's Transportation Policy Council.
- Receive public comment and assist in disseminating public information on air quality issues, plans, and programs.
- Assist in implementing air quality programs and in obtaining local comitment, as necessary, to implement air quality measures.