The Area Agency on Aging is responsible for managing Older Americans Act (OAA) and other state funded programs in a twelve county region.
The Area Agency on Aging provides services in the following 12-counties surrounding Harris county: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller and Wharton.
The Area Agency on Aging provides services to any person age sixty (60+) or older, however targets services to older persons in one of more target areas:
- Individuals in the greatest social and economic need
- Individuals with severe disabilities
- Individuals living in rural areas
- Individuals with limited speaking ability
- Individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders
- Individuals that are low-income
- Individuals that are low-income minorities
- Individuals with family and informal caregivers