Are You Eligible to Apply?
Eligible applicants must:
- Own vehicle(s) currently operating 75% of mileage in the Houston-Galveston-Brazoria (HGB) ozone nonattainment area (Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller counties)
- Agree to destroy old chassis and engine with an H-GAC-certified salvage vendor
- Purchase brand new vehicle(s) similar in size and weight to the vehicle being destroyed
- Commit to continue operating the new vehicle(s) at the same mileage as the old vehicle(s)
- Be willing to allow a credit check and site visit to view any and all vehicles under consideration
- NOT perform grant work (order, purchase, or destroy vehicles) without a contract with H-GAC
- Commit to reporting quarterly mileage, fuel use, and maintenance information for 3-5 years after reimbursement
- The vehicle model year cannot be older than twenty-five (25) years
- The vehicle title date should be no newer than two (2) years
Applying for a Grant
View the Clean Vehicles Program Application Instructions to understand the application process and identify which forms are required for your application.
Need Additional Information about the Program?
If you would like to obtain additional information about the program, or are interested in speaking with a Clean Vehicles Program staff member, please complete our Information Request form.