Q: WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A: Any organization operating a fleet (75%+ usage in-region) or establishing alternative refueling infrastructure in the HGB Non-Attainment Area.
Q: HOW IS CLEAN VEHICLES FUNDED?
A: Clean Vehicles is funded through:
- Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality (CMAQ)funds
- Supplemental Environmental Project(SEP) funds for school districts
- EPA on a limited basis
Q: HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN I GET?
A: Heavy-duty truck projects average about $30,000 per truck, but the following factors influence the awarded amount:
- Details of your fleet
- Fuels technologies of interest to you
- Funds available when you apply
- Cost effectiveness and match requirement
Previously funded projects include:
- Clean diesel and alternative fuel truck replacements
- Clean diesel and alternative fuel bus replacements
- Natural gas refueling stations
- Hybrid-electric transit buses
- Marine vessel engine
Q: WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
A: There are no deadlines. You can apply any time.
This includes an emissions analysis, a site visit, a risk assessment and the approval process. This typically takes one to two months, depending on the project.
This begins with a fully signed contract and includes the purchase of new vehicles, destruction of older vehicles as appropriate and reimbursement invoicing. You generally have one year from contract execution to complete this phase.
During this phase, you send quarterly monitoring reports to H-GAC showing the use and maintenance of your vehicles. You also undergo an audit during and/or at the end of this period, which typically lasts from three to five years.