About the Aging and Disability Advisory Committee (ADAC)
The Aging and Disability Advisory Committee (ADAC) advises the H-GAC Board of Directors on needs, services, and programs for older citizens in 12-H-GAC counties (all but Harris).
The ADAC will be organized as a standing committee of the H-GAC. Examples of the Advisory Committee's functions include:
- Assisting in the development of the Area Plan.
- Assisting in conducting public hearings.
- Representing the interests of older person in the region.
- Reviewing proposals for Older Americans Act funds passed through H-GAC for aging services.
- Assisting with the development of recommendations for consideration by the H-GAC Board of Directors.