MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCILFOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM BFRIDAY, MARCH 24, 20179:30 a.m.
1. Certification of quorum - Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Matt Sebesta)
3. Public CommentsPersons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Approval of Friday, February 24, 2017 Meeting Minutes Summary (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: COMMENDATIONS5. Approval of Resolution of Commendation for Mr. Dale A. Rudick, P.E., City of Houston (Chairman Sebesta)The Chairman will present a Resolution of Commendation to outgoing TPC member, Dale Rudick, P.E.
ACTION: AMENDMENTS6. Amendments to the 2040 RTP and 2017-2020 TIP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2017–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTPStaff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the Policy Council.
C. Briefing on Future Amendments to the TIP and RTPStaff will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP for future action.
D. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2016-2017 Unified Planning Work Program (Mr. Nicholas Williams, H-GAC) Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed amendments to the UPWP.
OTHER ACTION: 7. Creation of a High Capacity Transit Task Force for the Long Range Plan (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)Mr. Clark will discuss membership, focus, and purpose of the High Capacity Transit Task Force for the Long Range Plan.
INFORMATION8. Regional Safety Report (Mr. Patrick Mandapaka, H-GAC)Mr. Mandapaka will provide a brief overview of regional crash statistics and will provide an update on development of a regional safety campaign.
9. Report on Smart Cities Initiative (Mr. Eulois Cleckley, H-GAC)Mr. Cleckley will discuss the Smart Cities Initiative, challenges, and key strategies.
10. Transportation Planning Activities A. H-GAC Planning Activities Report B. H-GAC Board of Directors Report
11. Announcements • Next TAC meeting – April 19, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Room B • Next TPC meeting – April 28, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Room B