MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCILFOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM BFRIDAY, JANUARY 26, 20189:30 a.m.
1. Certification of quorum – Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Matt Sebesta)
3. Public Comments Persons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to minutes.
4. Approval of Friday, December 15, 2017 Meeting Minutes Summary (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: ORGANIZATIONAL5. Approval of TPC Nominating Committee Recommendations ( Committee Chair)Committee Chair will request TPC approval of Nominating Committee Recommendations for TPC Officers, one at-large position on the TPC for Other Transportation Interests, and 16 at-large positions on the TAC.
6. Appointment of TPC Non-Voting Ex-Officio Members for 2018 (TPC Chairman)The TPC Chair will recommend appointment/re-appointment of TPC Ex-Officio members for 2018.
ACTION: AMENDMENTS7. Approval of 2040 RTP Conformity Finding (Dr. Graciela Lubertino, H-GAC)Dr. Lubertino will review the results of the 2040 RTP conformity finding and request TPC approval.
8. Amendments to the 2040 RTP and 2017-2020 TIP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC) A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2017–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP Staff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TPC. C. Briefing on Future Amendments to the TIP and RTP Staff will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP Update for future action. D. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to 2018-2019 UPWP (Mr. Jeff Taebel, H-GAC) Mr. Taebel will review and request approval of proposed amendments to the TIP and RTP.
OTHER ACTION9. Approval of Safety Performance Measures (Mr. Patrick Mandapaka, H-GAC)Mr. Mandapaka will review and request TPC approval of proposed Safety Performance Measures.
INFORMATION10. 2017 Demographic Forecast (Mr. Pramod Sambidi, H-GAC)Mr. Sambidi will update the Council on the newly released demographic forecast for 2017.
11. Report on Ports Area Mobility Study (Mr. Patrick Mandapaka, H-GAC)Mr. Mandapaka will provide the Council on an update on the Ports Area Mobility Study.
12. Update on Union Pacific's Rollout of Positive Train Control in the Houston-Galveston Region (Ms. Brenda Mainwaring, Union Pacific Railroad)
13. Report on Transportation Planning Activities A. H-GAC Planning Activities Report B. H-GAC Board of Directors Report
14. Announcements • Next TAC meeting – February 14, 2018, 9:30 a.m., Room B • Next TPC meeting – February 23, 2018, 9:30 a.m., Room B • "Designing for Pedestrian Safety" Workshop (2-day) - February 6-7, 2018, at METRO, 8:30-4:30 p.m. and February 8-9, 2018 at H-GAC, Rm B, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.15. Adjournment