MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEEHOUSTON-GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM BWEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 20179:30 a.m. AGENDA
1. Introductions (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
2. Public Comments on Agenda Items
3. Approval of Minutes for December 7, 2016 meeting (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
4. Recognition of Service Awards for Chairman Mark Loethen and Mr. David Crossley (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)Staff will recognize Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E. and TAC member David Crossley for their service to the TAC.
ACTION: ORGANIZATIONAL5. Appointment to 2017 Technical Advisory Committee Nominating Committee (Mr. Eulois Cleckley, H-GAC)Staff requests that Chairman Loethen appoint a TAC member to fill vacancy on the Nominating Committee for 2017.
6. Election of 2017 TAC Officers (Mr. Eulois Cleckley, H-GAC)Staff will present recommendations of the TAC Nominating Committee and seek approval of the proposed slate of officers.
ACTION: AMENDMENTS7A. Recommendation for Transportation Policy Council (TPC) Approval of Amendments to the 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review and request TAC recommendation for approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
7B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review proposed/approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TAC.
7C. Briefing on Future TPC Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP.
7D. Recommendation for TPC Approval of Changes in Functional Classification for Regional Roadways (Mr. Chris Van Slyke, H-GAC)Mr. Van Slyke will preview a rquest from TxDOT for a change in functional classification.
INFORMATION8. Description of TAC Subcommittees and Request for Subcommittee Nominations (Mr. Eulois Cleckley, H-GAC)Mr. Cleckley will provide an overview of the process for appointing new members to each subcommittee. The current Chair of each TAC subcommittee will provide a brief report of 2016 activities and the expected agenda for 2017.
9. Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Development Process (Mr. Nicholas Williams, H-GAC) Staff will provide an overview of the development process for the UPWP.
10. Presentation on 2016 Project Implementation (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC)Mr. Wurdlow will present a summary of projects which were obligated (let to contract) in 2016.
11. Freight Mobility Planning Update (Mr. Hans-Michael Ruthe, H-GAC)Staff will provide an update on the Greater Houston Freight Committee proceedings to comply with the FAST Act, regional goods movement trends, and relevant H-GAC activities.
12. Report on Status of Transportation Planning Activities from Member Agencies H-GAC and other transportation agencies will update the Technical Advisory Committee on recent planning and implementation activities within their jurisdictions. A. H-GAC Proposal of Interest for A Volkswagen Zero Emission Vehicle Project B. Development of 2045 Regional Transportation Plan C. Amendment to 10-Year Plan
13. Announcements • Next TPC Meeting – February 24, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Rm B • TPC/TAC New Member Orientation Workshop – February 24, 2017, Room B (Immediately following TPC meeting) • Next TAC Meeting – March 15, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Rm B