MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCIL FOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM BFRIDAY, APRIL 28, 20179:30 a.m.
1. Certification of quorum - Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Matt Sebesta)
3. Public CommentsPersons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Approval of Friday, March 24, 2017 Meeting Minutes Summary (Secretary Tom Reid)
5. Approval of Resolutions of Commendation for Hon. Darrell Morrison and Mayor Glenn Royal (Chairman Matt Sebesta)The Chairman will present a Resolutions of Commendation to outgoing TPC members.
6. Amendments to the 2040 RTP and 2017-2020 TIP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2017–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTPStaff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the Policy Council.
C. Briefing on Future Amendments to the TIP and RTPStaff will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP Update for future action.
D. Resolution for Amendments to the 2016-2017 UPWP (Mr. Nicholas Williams, H-GAC)Mr. Williams will review amendments to the 2016-2017 UPWP.
OTHER ACTION7. Approval of a Resolution for Bike-to-Work Day (Mr. Patrick Mandapaka, H-GAC)Mr. Mandapaka will request TPC approval of a Resolution in support of Bike-to-Work Day.
INFORMATION8. Presentation on Transportation Priorities in the Houston Port Region (Mr. Chad Burke, Economic Alliance Houston Port Region)Mr. Burke will present results of a collaborative effort to identify and prioritize needed improvements to the infrastructure serving freight activity in the area surrounding the Houston Ship Channel.
9. Regional Thoroughfare Planning Data Collection (Mr. Patrick Mandapaka, H-GAC)Mr. Mandapaka will brief the TPC on H-GAC’s efforts to support data collection of local thoroughfare plans to update the regional database and map of planned thoroughfares.
10. Report on Transportation Planning ActivitiesA. H-GAC Planning Activities Report 1. Proposed Greater Houston Freight System: Roadways 2. Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Quarterly Status Report 3. 2016 Mobility Report 4. Legislative Report
B. H-GAC Board of Directors Report