There are no news items at this time.
MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCILFOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM BFRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 20179:30 a.m.
1. Certification of quorum - Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Matt Sebesta)
3. Public CommentsPersons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Approval of Friday, January 27, 2017 Meeting Minutes Summary (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS5. Amendments to the 2040 RTP and 2017-2020 TIP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2017–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Staff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the Policy Council.
C. Briefing on Future Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Staff will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP Update for future action.
D. Approval of Changes in Functional Classifications for Regional Roadways (Mr. Chris van Slyke, H-GAC)Mr. van Slyke will preview a request from TxDOT for functional classification changes for two off-system roadways in Brazoria County.
OTHER ACTION6. Approval of TPC Nominating Committee's Recommendation to Replace One At-Large Member to the Technical Advisory Committee (Commissioner James Patterson, Committee Chair)Council members will be asked to appove the nomination of Mr. Jeremy Phillips to fill the vacancy for Intermodal Interests Alternate Member on the TAC.
7. Resolution of Support for Texas Clear Lanes and Connectivity Funding Partnership (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC)Mr. Wurdlow will present an update of the Funding Partnership and request TPC approval.
INFORMATION8. Creation of High Capacity Transit Task Force for the Long Range Plan (Mr. Aan Clark, H-GAC)Mr. Clark will discuss the need to support transit elements of the next Regional Transportation Plan with a task force composed of TPC members and representatives of transit providers.
9. Report on Transportation Planning Activities A. H-GAC Planning Activities Report B. H-GAC Board of Directors Report 10. Announcements • TPC/TAC Orientation Workshop – February 24, 2017 – immediately following TPC meeting • Next TAC meeting – March 15, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Room B • Next Brown Bag Lunch Series – March 20, 2017, Mobility as a Service (MaaS), presented by Mr. Danny Silva, METRO, Noon-1:00 p.m, Rm B. • Next TPC meeting – March 24, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Room B