MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEEHOUSTON-GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM BWEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 20169:30 a.m. AGENDA
1. Introductions (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
2. Public Comments on Agenda Items
3. Approval of Minutes for October 19, 2016 meeting (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS4A. Recommendation for Transportation Policy Council (TPC) Approval of Amendments to the 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC) - 10 MinutesMr. Dickinson will review and request TAC recommendation for approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
4B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC) - 5 MinutesMr. Dickinson will review proposed/approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TAC.
4C. Briefing on Future TPC Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP.
ACTION: OTHER5. Appointment of Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Nominating Committee for 2017 Nomination of Officers (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)Staff requests that Chairman Loethen appoint three members from the TAC membership to serve on the Nominating Committee for the nomination of officers for 2017.
INFORMATION6. Congestion Mitigation Air Quality Program (CMAQ) Update (H-GAC Staff) Staff will update the TAC on the region’s CMAQ Program activities.
7. Update on Highway Performance Regional Speed and Monitoring System (HPMS) (Mr. Chris Van Slyke, H-GAC)Staff will present methods of using HERE speed data to evaluate system performance and update the TAC on the 2015 Highway Performance Monitoring System VMT.
8. Report on Status of Transportation Planning Activities from Member AgenciesH-GAC and other transportation agencies will update the Technical Advisory Committee on recent planning and implementation activities within their jurisdictions.
9. Announcements • Next TPC Meeting – December 16, 2016, 9:30 a.m., Rm B • RTP Subcommittee Meeting – December 19, 2016, 9:30 a.m., Rm A • Regional Transit Coordination Subcommittee – January 11, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Rm B • TIP Subcommittee Meeting – January 11, 2017, 1:30 p.m., Rm B • Next TAC Meeting – January 18, 2017, 9:30 a.m., Rm B • January Brown Bag Lunch Event: “Freight Shuttle System Solutions” presented by Mr. Gordon Dorsey, Freight Shuttle International – January 23, 2016, Noon-1:00 p.m., Rm B