MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEEHOUSTON-GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM AWEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 20159:30 a.m. TENTATIVE AGENDA
1. Introductions (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
2. Public Comments on Agenda Items
3. Adoption of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes for October 21, 2015 meeting (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS5. A. Recommendation for Transportation Policy Council (TPC) Approval of Amendments to the 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review and request TAC recommendation for approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review proposed/approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TAC.
C. Briefing on Future TPC Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP.
D. 2016-2017 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Amendments (Mr. Nicholas Williams, H-GAC)Mr. Williams will review amendments to the 2016-2017 UPWP.
ACTION: OTHER6. Appointment of Technical Advisory Committee Nominating Committee for 2016 (Chairman Loethen)Staff requests that the Chairman appoint three members from TAC membership to serve on the Nominating Committee for the 2016 nomination of officers.
7. Approval of Additions to 10-Year Transportation Plan (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC)Mr. Wurdlow will request approval of additional projects to the 10-year plan.
8. Approval of Amendment #34 US 59/IH 69 Bridge Lighting Project (Mr. Bill Calderon, Montrose Management District)The Montrose Management District is seeking TAC recommendation for TPC approval of Amendment #34 to program additional federal funds for the transportation funding of US 59/IH 69 Bridge Lighting Project.
INFORMATION9. Proposed Revisions and Schedule for a New Transportation Conformity Determination (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC)Mr. Wurdlow will brief the TAC regarding the next transportation conformity update.
10. Quarterly TIP Status Report (Mr. Kent McLemore, H-GAC)Mr. McLemore will provide information regarding the status of projects for the 2015-2018 TIP.
11. Ports-Area Economic Development Update (Mr. Hans-Michael Ruthe)Port regions will provide an update on the economic development in the region. A. Port Freeport - Presentation B. Port of Galveston - Presentation C. Economic Alliance – Houston Port Region - Presentation
12. Report on Status of Transportation Planning Activities From Member Agencies H-GAC and other transportation agencies will update the Technical Advisory Committee on recent planning and implementation activities within their jurisdictions.
13. Future Business
14. Announcements • Next TPC Meeting – November 20, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conf. Rm A • Next TAC Meeting – December 9, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conf. Rm A