MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEEHOUSTON-GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM AWEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 20159:30 a.m. TENTATIVE AGENDA
1. Introductions (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
2. Public Comments on Agenda Items
3. Adoption of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes for September 16, 2015 meeting (Chairman Mark Loethen, P.E.)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS5A. Recommendation for Transportation Policy Council (TPC) Approval of Amendments to the 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review and request TAC recommendation for approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
5B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review proposed/approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TAC.
5C. Briefing on Future TPC Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)Mr. Dickinson will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP.
OTHER ACTION6. Approval of 2015 Call for Projects 10-Year Plan (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC)Mr. Wurdlow will request approval of the 2015 Call for Projects 10-year plan.
7. Affirming State Transportation Funding Needs in Texas and the Houston-Galveston Region (Mr. Hans-Michael Ruthe, H-GAC)Mr. Ruthe will seek TAC recommendation for TPC approval affirming transportation funding needs in Texas and the Houston-Galveston Region.
8. Letter to Chairman John Thune, U.S. Senator Regarding Positive Train Control Regulations in the Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (Mr. Hans-Michael Ruthe, H-GAC)Mr. Ruthe will seek TAC recommendation for TPC authorization for Chairman Costello to correspond with the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation regarding full implementation of the 2008 Act.
9. Approval of Revised US 290 Locally Preferred Alternative (Ms. Angela Stoddard, P.E., HNTB)Ms. Stoddard will present the revised US 290 Locally Preferred Alternative for TAC approval.
INFORMATION10. Presentation on METRO’s New Bus Network (Mr. Christof Spieler, P.E., METRO)Mr. Spieler will update the TAC on the status of METRO’s New Bus Network.
11. Update on Galveston County Transit (Mayor Timothy Paulissen, City of League City)Mayor Paulissen will update the TAC on Galveston County’s Transit.
12. Report on Status of Transportation Planning Activities From Member AgenciesH-GAC and other transportation agencies will update the Technical Advisory Committee on recent planning and implementation activities within their jurisdictions. • New Ozone Standard
13. Future Business
14. Announcements • Next TPC Meeting – October 23, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conf. Rm A • 7th Annual Harris County International Trade and Transportation Conference - October 28, 2015, NRG (Reliant Center), Houston, TX 77054 • Next TAC Meeting – November 18, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conf. Rm A