MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEEHOUSTON-GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM AWEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 20159:30 a.m. TENTATIVE AGENDA
1. Introductions (Chairman Scott, P.E.)
2. Public Comments on Agenda Items
3. Adoption of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes for January 14, 2015 meeting (Chairman Scott, P.E.)
ACTION: ORGANIZATIONAL5. Election of 2015 TAC Officers (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC) Mr. Clark will present recommendations of the TAC Nominating Committee and seek approval of the proposed slate of officers.
ACTION: AMENDMENTS6. A. Recommendation for TPC Approval of Amendments to the 2015-2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2035 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Update (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC) Staff will review and request TAC recommendation for approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP. This will include a request for action on the FY 2015 Proposition 1 list of projects.
B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC) Staff will review proposed/approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TAC.
C. Briefing on Future TPC Amendments to the TIP and RTP (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC) Staff will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP Update.
INFORMATION7. Description of TAC Subcommittees and Request for Subcommittee Nominations (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC) Mr. Clark will provide an overview of the process for appointing new members to each TAC subcommittee. The current Chair of each TAC subcommittee will provide a brief report of 2014 activities and the expected agenda for 2015.
8. Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Call for Projects (Mr. Darren McDaniel, P.E., TxDOT) Mr. McDaniel will provide an overview of the upcoming HSIP Call for Projects to identify and address high-frequency crash locations.
9. Update on Livable Centers Program Process (Mr. Jeff Taebel, FAICP) Mr. Taebel will provide an update on the Livable Centers Studies.
10. Report on Status of Transportation Planning Activities From Member Agencies H-GAC and other transportation agencies will update the Technical Advisory Committee on recent planning and implementation activities within their jurisdictions.• 2040 RTP Conformity Determination – Additional Analysis and Opportunity for Public Comment
11. Future Business
12. Announcements- Next TAC Meeting – March 18, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conf. Rm A- Next TPC Meeting – February 27, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conf. Rm A- Conformity Public Meeting – February 17, 2015, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Conf. Rm B (will also be available through webinar)