MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCIL
FOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA
3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM A
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2012
1. Certification of quorum - Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Ed Emmett)
3. Public Comments
Persons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Adoption of Agenda
5. Approval of August 24, 2012 meeting minutes (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)
6A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2011–2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2035 Regional Transportation Plan Update (RTP).
Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
6B. Administrative Amendments to the 2011-2014 TIP and 2035 RTP
Staff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the Policy Council.
7. SH 288 Managed Lanes
- Status Report on Development of SH 288 Managed Lanes (Mr. Eddie Sanchez, TxDOT)
- MPO Appointment to SH 288 “1420 Committee” (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)
TxDOT will request a MPO appointment to the SH 288 (Harris County Portion) 1420 Committee.
8. Approval of Resolution supporting Federal Transit Administration Designated Recipient status for the City of Conroe and The Woodlands Township (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)
Mr. Clark will request approval of a Resolution in support of The Woodlands Township and the City of Conroe Designated Recipient status.
9. Status report on TIP Call for Projects (Mr. David Wurdlow, H-GAC)
Mr. Wurdlow will report on projects received for the TIP Call for Projects.
10. Report on Transportation Planning Activities
A. Summary of H-GAC Planning Activities
- RASP Video and Mobility Now (Freight) Video
B. H-GAC Board Summary for September
C. TxDOT Call for Transportation Enhancements Projects
D. Award of Department of Energy Grants to H-GAC
E. Newest “Most Congested Corridors” from TxDOT, FHWA
F. METRO Referendum on Continuation of General Mobility Program
• Next TAC Meeting – October 10, 2012
• Next TPC Meeting – October 26, 2012