MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCIL
FOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA
3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM A
FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2012
1. Certification of quorum - Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Ed Emmett)
3. Public Comments
Persons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Adoption of Agenda
5. Approval of June 22, 2012 meeting minutes (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)
6. A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2011–2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2035 Regional Transportation Plan Update (RTP)
Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
6. B. Administrative Amendments to the 2011-2014 TIP and 2035 RTP
Staff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the Policy Council.
6. C. Approval of Resolution Amending the Highway Functional Classification of University Blvd. and New Territory Blvd in Fort Bend County.
Staff will present proposed Functional Classification System Map changes for consideration and approval by the TPC.
7. Approval of Resolution honoring Mr. Ned Holmes, former Texas Transportation Commission Member, for his service to the State and the Houston-Galveston Region (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)
Mr. Clark will request TPC approval of a Resolution honoring former Commissioner Holmes.
8. Presentation of Locally Preferred Transit Alternative in the SH3 Mobility Corridor (Mayor Tim Paulissen, City of League City)
Mayor Paulissen will provide information on the current status and findings of the alternatives analysis for SH 3 Mobility Corridor.
9. Presentation on Houston to Dallas-Fort Worth High Speed Rail Corridor Preliminary Engineering and NEPA Study (Ms. Jennifer Mocyzgemba, TxDOT Rail Division)
Ms. Mocyzgemba will present the results of the PE and NEPA Study for the high speed rail corridor.
10. Discussion of MAP-21 Provisions (Mr. Ashby Johnson, H-GAC)
Mr. Johnson will present highlights of the federal surface transportation reauthorizing bill.
11. Report on Transportation Planning Activities
A. Summary of H-GAC Planning Activities
B. H-GAC Board Report for July and August
C. TxDOT Co-designation of US 59 to US 59/I 69 from Cleveland, Texas to the City of Houston
D. Update on TxDOT Panama Canal Study Committee
E. Update on Walker County Transit Plan
• Presentation (PPT)
• Next TAC Meeting – September 12, 2012
• Next TPC Meeting – September 28, 2012
• Clean Air Leadership Awards Luncheon – September 20, 2012, Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1700 Smith Street, Houston, TX 77002
• Texas Transportation Commission Meeting – September 27, 2012, The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd, The Woodlands, Texas 77381