HOUSTON-GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL
3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR,
CONFERENCE ROOM A
FRIDAY, December 16, 2011
1. Certification of quorum - Quorum requirement is 14 members Chairman James Patterson
A. Resolution in recognition of years of service for Council Member Sue Lovell
B. Resolution in recognition of years of service for Council Member Brenda Stardig
3. Public Comments
Persons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to
limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Adoption of Agenda
5. Approval of October 28, 2011 meeting minutes (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: AMENDMENTS (Mr. Alan C. Clark, H-GAC)
6. A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2011–2014 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2035 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)
Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the TIP and RTP.
B. Administrative Amendments to the 2011–2014 TIP and 2035 RTP Update
Staff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP
as information to the Policy Council.
C. Resolution for Amendments to the 2012-2013 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP)
Staff will review and request TPC approval of proposed changes to the UPWP.
OTHER ACTION ITEMS
7. Acceptance of the Colorado Valley Transit District Plan (Mr. Kari Hackett, H-GAC)
Mr. Hackett will present recommendations on the CVTD Plan with a request for acceptance.
8. Acceptance of the Updated Regionally Coordinated Transportation Plan (RCTP) (Mr. Kari Hackett, H-GAC) Mr. Hackett will provide an overview of the Updated RCTP with a request for acceptance.
9. Report on the TxDOT Houston-Austin Intercity Rail Study (Ms. Jennifer Moczygemba, TxDOT)
Ms. Moczygemba will provide a report on the TxDOT Intercity Rail Study.
10. Legislative briefing on MAP-21 (Mr. Ashby Johnson, H-GAC)
Mr. Johnson will provide a brief report on the draft highway reauthorization bill, “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21).
11. Report on Transportation Planning Activities
A. H-GAC Board Actions
B. I-69 Update
C. 2012 TPC Meeting Schedule
D. Appointments to the TPC and TAC for 2012
E. Proposed Expansion of Non-Attainment Area Boundaries
Next TAC Meeting – December 14, 2011
Next TPC Meeting – January 27, 2012