About Criminal Justice Advisory Committee
Advise the Houston-Galveston Area Council Board on law enforcement and criminal justice issues, recommending funding priorities for criminal justice grants and other regional criminal justice issues.
Criminal Justice Advisory Committee Responsiblities:
- Major participation in development of the annual criminial justice plan.
- Recommendation of funding priorities for the annual criminal justice program.
- Initiation and development of regional criminal justice programs for which the H-GAC is grantee.
- Evaluation of the criminial justice funding proposals to determine their consistency with applicable regional plans, and furnishing these evaluations to the Project Review Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Establishment of a forum for discussion and resolution of common problems in law enforcement and the administration of justice.
- Provisions of such other advice and assistance as the Board of Directors may request.